Monday 20 January 2014

The Light on Spoilers Heavy on Squee Preview of Supernatural 9.11 "First Born"



It seems like only yesterday that we were desperately waiting for the season to start back up again and here we are at 9.11 already! Where'd that week go?

I'm so excited for this episode because:

  1. I want to know what happens next between Sam and Dean! A lot. Like NOW.
  2. Crowley and Dean. 'Nuff said.
  3. Sam and Castiel. I have a feeling their interactions are going to be great!
  4. Cain. What will the first born son bring to the mythology of the Winchesters. We know that they trace back to Cain and Abel, so what will it all mean?
  5. Dean fighting all over the furniture. YES!

Just to refresh your memory, here's the synopsis.

TIM OMUNDSON ("PSYCH") GUEST STARS AS CAIN --- Looking to reclaim his place as King of Hell, Crowley (Mark Sheppard) asks Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help finding "The First Blade," the only blade that can kill Abbadon (guest star Alaina Huffman). Knowing he owes Crowley a favour for helping Sam (Jared Padalecki), and also wanting Abaddon dead himself, Dean reluctantly agrees and the two set off on a road trip. However, Dean and Crowley are completely unprepared when they find out who has the blade - Cain (guest star Omundson), the first son. Meanwhile, Sam is back at the bunker with Castiel (Misha Collins) who notices there is some leftover grace inside Sam. If they can extract it, they can use the grace to track Gadreel. The only problem is the procedure may do permanent damage to Sam. John Badham directed the episode written by Robbie Thompson (911).

It all sounds soooo good. Plus Robbie Thompson AND John Badham who directed War Games, Saturday Night Fever, Short Circuit...just to name a few classic movies! So excited about John Badham directing. Gosh we get talent on this show.


Timothy Omundson said that he watched Jensen fight for 9 hours this day. It's going to be a good fight! Bet the poor thing was saw the day after! Badass Dean. Mmmmmm.

Let's look at the promo


Oh this is going to be sooooo interesting. I absolutely love this. I love the idea of Crowley and Dean working together. At some stage Crowley is going to have to become the enemy again, but for now, I'm enjoying his interactions with the Winchesters on a frenemy level.

Dean looks so scruffy too. Which is awesome. Though of course sad. Of course. Sad. Of course. (Hot). I'm interested to see if Crowley offers any pearls of wisdom that might make Dean think twice about his decision to go it alone. I hope so.

What about the sneak peek?


I like this clip. I like seeing Sam and Castiel interacting like this. I really, really, really like that they're in the bunker and Sam's popped out for supplies. I keep saying this all over the place, but even though he let his brother walk away, Sam went home. I think that's awesome. I hope his intent is to stay there. P-lease Sammy. *insert puppy eyes here*

I'm hoping that Cas will get through to Sam and make him realise why Dean did what he did and help him to see that the brothers need each other. I'm hoping that it'll be Sam that reaches out to Dean. Tells him to come home. Use that specific word. Yeah, yeah, I know... not gonna happen except of fanfic.net!

Of course we know that Cas says, "You and Dean chose each other" to Sam (from that season 9 promo). Let's hope the angel get's through to Sam. Please. Guys, you're better together...remember? Geesh.

We got a little bit more informaion on this episode via Clariss at Screenfad

About Dean and Crowley:

”Dean and Crowley have an especially juicy relationship in terms of being two foes who are constantly butting heads with each other and getting one-up on each other. To see them, for lack of a better term, being in a buddy cop episode, we really play into all the fun there of these two opposites being forced to work together, which also turns into something quite interesting and unique when it comes to their relationship.”

About Sam and Cas:

"...what we’re going to see are two guys who are, if not rediscovering, are aware of the parallels in their journeys and I think that’s part of their experience together in [this] episode. I think you’ll see both dealing with each other in a way that directly corresponds to the journeys they’ve taken so far this season, as you were saying. It’s impossible for them not to do what they’re setting out to do in that episode without being affected by what’s happened so far with this season. They’re dealing with a lot of issues together.”

You can read the whole interview with Jeremy Carver here

I'm praying to whom ever will listen that by the end of this episode we see the brothers making their way back to each other, if not emotionally at least physically. They've only ever spent one whole episode apart - "Free To Be You And Me", though it feels like there's been more! If they don't reunite in 9.11, at least we know they do in 9.12. Is it the plight of a pal that brings them together?

We shall find out!

If you want to see the rest of the promo pics from this episode, they are here.

I'm so happy our show is back!
-sweetondean

STOP THE PRESS!

Here's the CHCH promo!



"Where's your brother now then?" A-hem. Dean? I think I'm going to like this Cain guy!

Oooooooo! Can't wait for this ep! CAN'T WAIT!

tiny voice *hurry*


5 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to the (hopefully) temporary pairings of Dean with Crowley and Sam with Castiel. I want the Boys back together too, but Dean and Crowley are going to be a lot of fun to watch (they 2 of them do tend to get the funniest lines). Plus I am super excited to see this badass fight scene that took 9 hours to film. (Yummmm...Badass Jensen...I mean, Badass Dean....oh, whatever....) Also, as long as Castiel has been on the show, I feel that Sam and Cas never really had any bonding moments, so I am happy for that opportunity. I think Jared and Misha will knock it out of the park. Can't wait for Tuesday night!

    One last thing: I never heard that the procedure to remove the leftover grace may damage Sam......um, I think Cas should talk this over with Dean before he starts that despite what Sam may think. I know, I know - that is a huge problem between Dean and Sam, but people who hurt Sam tend to piss off Dean......so I am just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This episode has me stumped. I can't see at all where it might be going. The previews don't make anything clear. The fact that RT watched 5.13, time travel and bloodlines and 6.20 a falling angel really doesn't clear anything up either. I am so looking forward to the ride. 12 more hours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to it! It's going to be a great one, I can feel it in my waters!

      Delete
  3. I am soooooooo excited about today! Sadly have to go out and can only watch tonite.....ridiculous saying that but...lol

    ReplyDelete