Monday 5 October 2015

The Light on Spoilers, Heavy on (over excited) Squee Preview of the Supernatural SEASON 11 Premiere - "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire"





OH MY GIDDY AUNT!
IT'S NEARLY HERE!
THE HELLATUS IS NEARLY BEHIND US!
IT'S SUPERNATURAL SEASON 11 TIME!

SEASON 11! 11!

Woo. Gotta calm down!

And that means it's preview time! Yay!

Yep, it's time to get our hearts ready for lots of Supernatural style love and pain, which is the same as love in our fandom, because season 11 is upon us!

So where did we leave our favourite heroes and villains?



Sam did a deal with an evil witch, because Dean's Mark of Cain was making him twitch.
Dean was getting more grrrr by the day, and Sam knew that there was no other way.
So he constructed a plan and started to lie, but he really didn't mean for Charlie to die... :(
She gave her life for her adopted big bro, so Rowena could make that pesky Mark of Cain go.
Then Death got a call to meet Dean face to face, and offered to send him to outer space!
To remove the Mark would let an evil out, an evil called the Darkness, in case there was doubt!
But before Death would let their deal be done, he said Dean had to kill number 2 son!
With Sammy looking up all puppy dog eyes, Dean gave us all a helluva surprise.
He swung Death's scythe away from his bro, and straight into Death, and down Death did go!
Meanwhile Rowena and Crowley and Cas, were concocting a spell that was totally bad ass!
It sent them flying across the room, and out of the window a lightning bolt went zoooom.
Straight to Dean's mark, it made his arm glow, and when the dust cleared he was like, "Where did it go?"
The Mark of Cain totally vanished from sight, and Sam was like, "Cool! It's gunna be all right!"
And Dean was like, "Um I don't think so bro", since when does our luck not totally blow!"
Then out of the ground came great plumes of black, and Sam and Dean were like, "OH. FRACK!"
They ran to the car, but got stuck in a hole, as a big cloud of Darkness towards them did roll!
Meanwhile things for Crowley were not going well, when Rowena hit Cas with an attack dog spell.
Cas all bloody and bleeding eye, charged at Crowley, angel blade raised high.
Back with the boys they sat side by side, just as they should on this epic ride.
Nothing to protect them, but Baby and each other, as Sam reached out to hold onto his brother. 
And as we faded to black we were left with sound, of Sam calling Dean...
WAY TO MAKE OUR HEARTS POUND!


I would like to formally apologise for my bad poetry


NOW

SEASON 11 BABY!!

WOOOOHOOOO!



So, let's check out the synopsis for episode 1 of season 11, "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire"

THE WINCHESTERS FACE THEIR BIGGEST THREAT EVER — Picking up where the finale left off, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) must deal with the Darkness that has been unleashed. Castiel (Misha Collins) deals with the effects of Rowena’s (Ruth Connell) spell and recalls his brutal battle with Crowley (Mark A. Sheppard). Robert Singer directed the episode written by Jeremy Carver

The A team! All of our wonderful cast, and Carver and Singer!

So we know that we pickup exactly where we left off season 10 - with Cas going for Crowley and the boys facing down the Darkness. Though according to Jensen, when we rejoin the boys, we don't know exactly how long they were in the Darkness and what happened to them whilst they were surrounded by the black ick! Oooooo!

We've been kind of spoiled when it's come to trailers and sneak peeks and stuff for this episode! Well, I should say for the premiere of the season, because apart from the sneak peek, we know that there's more than one episode represented in the promos that we've been lucky enough to be gifted with. Like the EPIC 2 minute trailer that was produced by the show! it looks like shots from episodes 1 - 4 to me, because I'd say the point of view shot of the boys eating is from the "Baby" ep, which is episode 4.

So here's the very special, secret project, promo that the show put together, just for us!


How lucky are we to have the show itself put together a season opening promo, and a really great one at that! When I saw this promo it reminded me just how dark and bloody our show is. Because this is damn dark, and damn bloody, and damn awesome. And that shot of Jensen driving the Impala at the end is one of the hottest things I've ever seen. Ever. Like...EVER.


We also know that the season opener is pretty much a 2 parter. Not sure if that means a TO BE CONTINUED or just that the events of episode 1 stretch into episode 2. We know that from what The Carver has said, but also the synopsis and promo pics from episode 2 feature the same guest cast as in episode 1. I love this. I love that we get a really fleshed out opening to this season and that the first 2 episodes are to be looked at as one piece.



Here's the CW promo. Which has a lot of different shots in it and a very dark and grungy vibe. I like this promo, it brands the show as totally badassed. It looks like a horror show. As it should!


There's a lot going on here. Is what happens to this town, because of the Darkness? I'm kind of assuming so. I'm totally looking forward to seeing what happened to Sam and Dean when that Darkness rolled over them. And what the hell with the screaming Sam shots - with his face all pulled in some contraption, and blood running down, and he's shirtless (which I ain't gunna complain about). Man, what is even going on! Eeeeeee! My excitement levels are growing exponentially as I talk about it!


Okay, and we also got a sneak peek!


I love how in sync the boys are. The way they get out of the car together, cock their guns together, raise their guns. together. Sam's little sideways glances at his brother, checking in. Love it. I freakin' love this sneak peek. Seriously though, "show me some skin", should become the show's new catch phrase! Right?






I'm pretty damn excited for this season. Okay, yes, I'm excited for every season! But for the first time in a long time...like a really freakin' long time, we go into a season knowing that both the boys are whole, they're not supernaturally affected, or dying, or on some other plane, or with some random chick! They're not separated, they're on the same page, fighting shoulder to should as brothers, and HOLY SHIT, I mean that alone is bloody awesome! 

I'm also really glad that Crowley is back to being a bastard and that Cas (once he's sorted out that attack dog thing), is a fully charged up angel again - though not sure what ramifications that will have on the story, it's always been an issue, the Winchesters having a high powered angelic buddy as a get out of gaol free card!

But, mostly, I'm just so damn excited to see my favourite bros being bros. I'm sure they have some stuff to nut out, and Winchesters being Winchesters, they will fight and there will be lies and all that stuff that has been part of their functionally dysfunctional relationship from the get go. But hey, they're Sam and Dean, not possessed, wall broken brain damaged, on deaths door, or demonised. THEY ARE SAM AND DEAN. For now. I think. And that's AMAZEBALLS. 

Enjoy the episode. I intend to bask in it. If I could roll around on it I would!

FUCK YEAH SUPERNATURAL IS BACK!
Excuse the language I'm excited. And also Australian....

-sweetondean



7 comments:

  1. "If I could roll around on it I would" Ha! That made me laugh out loud. Good one. And a great write-up! I am soooo looking forward to the return of our boys. It's been way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your poem ;)

    And your excitement, lol. Fuck yeah! Supernatural is back and we're in for another emotional roller-coaster. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup I'm excited too. Loved your poem btw. It was really good. Your enthusiasm is infectious. I'll join you in rolling around on it :) SPN is back YAY.

    ~ SPNFanForever ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn! I'm excited too! I missed our show so much. BTW, I think the 'rogue' promo might have shots up to Ep7, because the clown was photographed on set during filming of that episode ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your poem so feel no shame! We have the new season soon to blame. It feels so epic already what we have heard that it sounds like sweet songs of a mocking bird. I am sure that Sam and Dean and Cas will be alright, right? I mean they have this big Darkness to fight. Who am I kidding our emotions are doom to fail as much as Crowley is as sharp as nail.

    Loved your poem! And as you can see, yours was way better than mine. :D

    Can't wait for episode 1!

    - Lilah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the poem! The anticipation is killing me! I might not make it the next few days! Okay, yes I will, but I have butterflies in my stomach and it's only going to get worse! Yay! Show is back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a really cool poetry. :)

    ReplyDelete