Tuesday 10 February 2015

The Light on Spoilers, Heavy on Squee Preview of Supernatural 10x13 "Halt & Catch Fire"

-by sweetondean


PREVIEW PREVIEW PREEEEVIEW! PREVIEW PREVIEW PREEEEVIEW!
Okay yes, I was just singing preview to the conga line song! EVERYBODY! PREVIEW PREVIEW PREEEEVIEW!

Okay, I'll stop. But you know how I get excited about new Supernatural!


THEN

Sam said he believed in Dean.
Dean looked like maybe he believed Sam believed in him.
Sam said they'd work it out, they always do.
Dean looked like maybe he believed that they'd work it out, they always do.
Fans dared to believe that Dean believed that Sam believed and because Sam believed maybe Dean believed!
Then we all did something we never thought we'd do...we added Taylor Swift to our Supernatural playlist.


NOW

THE INTERNET IS BAD?
INCONCEIVABLE!


Yes, the Internet is evil...whoda thunk it...well me sometimes. No really. Like when it keeps me up all night, or when it's too slow, or when it keeps crashing, or when it makes me overly ragey... Come on! You know I'm right!

Anyhoooo....here's the synopsis!


'Halt & Catch Fire'
GHOSTLY CONNECTION — A ghost starts killing people through various electronic devices. Sam  and Dean discover who was killed and why this ghost is seeking revenge on a group of college students but what they can’t figure out is how he’s doing it. With three dead, the brothers must stop the ghost before he claims his next victim. John Showalter directed this episode written by Eric Charmelo & Nicole Snyder (#1013). 

Eric Charmelo & Nicole Snyder last wrote "Ask Jeeves", which I LOVED! This is John Showalter's first episode for season 10, having not directed a Supernatural episode since 9x12 "Sharp Teeth"!



So "Halt & Catch Fire" sounds pretty monster of the weekish. We usually have a couple of MoW's before we kick into the the big picture stuff at the back end of the season (and 10x14 is going to be mytharc Mark of Cain city). But having said that, every episode this season seems to be more mythalone than standalone - in that we're always in touch with that nasty problem the brothers are desperately trying to deal with. It's never forgotten and I like that like crazy. So I expect that the Mark will at least get a mention, because even though the sun was shining on Dean at the end of the last episode, you know that thing on his arm will still be causing him grief, and both brothers will be focusing on how to get rid of it. And I wouldn't be suprised if something happens at the end of this episode that starts us towards 10x14.

Let's check out the promo!


Eeeee! It looks like a good old fashioned ghost hunt...well maybe not old fashioned, as this ghost seems to be high-tech!

You know what I giggled about when watching this promo? The fact that most of us will be on the interwebs while watching the show! I mean, come on! This fandom lives on the Internet, which is probably why the show did an episode like this...because we will so totally get it! Thankfully I don't have a mouse that can strangle me!

You know what else I giggled about? Dean telling that girl to stay calm. STAY CALM AROUND DEAN WINCHESTER? INCONCEIVABLE!



Um. This would be where the sneak peek would normally go.... WHERE IS IT CW????

I'll just have to put more photos in!



Another rainy episode, more damp Winchesters! 
Not that you can tell with Dean because his hair is waterproofed by product!



EMF METER!! But more importantly, WET SAM! Could we be that lucky? 
Could we get two episodes this season with a wet and drippy Sam Winchester?!



Salt and burn? This case looks like it has an old school vibe except for the Internet bit. 
Have they ever torched a car before?



Sam has definitely had the GHD out. But I'll forgive him because he's so pretty.



For a minute I totally thought Dean had this girl tied up and I got all distracted. But no. But I'm still distracted. I'm not sure how you'd act opposite Jensen Ackles and remember your lines.



I feel like this is going to be hot...because this is hot. 
And yes, I sometimes want to do this to the Internet too.


So there we go. We have Winchesters with EMF monitors, we have burning stuff, we have evil computers and killer Internet and we have a soggy Sam! All feels like it's going to be fun!


STOP THE PRESSES! JUST AS I WAS ABOUT TO POST THIS PREVIEW...
O.M.G. SNEAK PEEK!!!
FINALY.



Okay, so who else wants to go through Dean's deleted files? Um. Yes. Me. For reasons.

So Dean is eating up a storm and checking out college chicks. Good. One thing I liked about last week's "About A Boy" was that Dean was back to allowing himself to be Dean. It's like when he took that first drink and said he was going to believe in himself, he was seeing if he could be himself and still in control, which his lovely scene with grown up Tina showed was indeed possible. It could be that in releasing his inner Dean, or trusting himself to be himself, he's showing that he's starting to believe, like Sam, that maybe he can live with this thing...which of course means it's all going to go pear-shaped in about 32 seconds. Damn you Supernatural for making me suspicious and paranoid!

Of course the other explanation behind this scene is that it's always fun to see Dean checking out the chicks, eating bad food and finding out something from Sam he absolutely didn't know and pretending he knew it all along! (And seeing Sam's, sure you did Dean, face!) I love that the two college girls give Dean the once over too. Imagine walking into your cafeteria and seeing Sam and Dean sitting there. HOLY MOLY!


So, as I was saying, this looks like it could be fun and maybe creepy! Certainly "Dog Dean Afternoon" and "Ask Jeeves" were both fun (though not creepy). Man, I loved "Ask Jeeves", so at least recently, Nicole and Eric have delivered some laughs and good eps. (We won't mention their first outing, that mannequin one...).

By the way Halt and Catch Fire is a computer term for code that causes a computer to stop operating, also known as Self Destruct Immediate...


What do you think?

Happy viewing, everyone and enjoy the episode!
-sweetondean

4 comments:

  1. Well up until the sneak peek and your preview I had no idea what so ever what was going to happen. Now it looks like a ton of fun and I can't wait. I also loved Ask Jeeves so I hope this in the same vein. BTW hilarious preview as always.
    Also check out the heels on Jensen's shoes......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dean started wearing those brand of boots about season 3 or 4 (I'd have to check) - so a long time. You can buy them online. They're a specific kind of work boot - Rocky Gortex Logger Boot. Yes. I know crap like this! ;)

      I think also, they probably minimise the nearly 4 inch gap between the boy's heights, which must make shots a bit easier sometimes.

      Delete
  2. That's too funny....the things we know about these two guys. They look like biker boots....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the funny episode as much as the angsty ones! And a ghost story to boot. So, I'm a happy camper. Thanks for the preview. And yes, you had me singing along with you. :)

    ReplyDelete