Thursday 8 May 2014

Spoliers Sweeties! Sneak Peek Supernatural 9.22 "Stairway to Heaven"



Ohhhhhh I love this sneak peek. Every single second of it. Every. Single. Second.

Let's take a good look.




Things to ponder...

DEAN IS NOT SLEEPING. This fills me full of worry. Does this mean The Mark/Blade combo is affecting his soul? As in Soulless!Sam never slept either. Or is he just so jacked up with power, he's running on adrenaline and doesn't need sleep? Or is this a demon thing? Demons I assume, like angels do not sleep. So whatever the Mark is doing to Dean, it's changing him on a pysiological level. Kind of like the trials were doing to Sam. I wonder, and I assume not, did Cain sleep? Oh man... my stomach hurts.

This takes place 2 hours after they got home from "King of the Damned". I like this timeline, it gives a real sense of urgency. The last 2 eps must happen over days.

I love getting a glimpse into the boy's bedrooms. It makes me feel good and a bit gooey to see that they have that space. Nawww.

Sammy is sleeping fully clothed on the bed. Exhausted I assume, but also, ready? Looks like he was sleeping with his hand on his gun, that's odd. It was hard to tell because Dean's hand was in shot, but it was such a quick draw, I'd say his gun was under/in his hand under the pillow as opposed to simply stashed under the pillow. Maybe what Dean said in the car about nothing getting in his way has put Sam's guard up even higher, because they are in the bunker where they should feel relatively safe. It gives me feels and not the good kind.

The whole waking Sam up and tossing his shoes on the bed thing made my inner, well my outer, Winchester brothers fangirl squee because we rarely see that kind of thing between them. That close proximity comfort...what is that, like a casual intimacy (not that kind!) that comes with being brothers. Even though it was not coming from that place I guess, more Dean being on bloodlust remote control and just wanted Sam up, but, I don't know, I just liked the whole concept of that little scene. Also, Dean being a brat and waking his bro with blaring music. I feel like he would have done that with or without the Mark!

Sam didn't even have enough time to get real bedhead. He looks pretty all single layered, snoozy and ruffled... mmmmm snoozy, bed ruffled Sam.

I love that Sam goes and grabs a coffee. Once again, it's those little things in the bunker that make me squeeful because it's homey and I like that they have this place.  :')

Dean talking about Cas being a weird, dorky little guy and making Sam laugh and smile. Bless. Dean is still in there making jokes. Dean is still in there... DEAN IS STILL IN THERE (she says with hope and fear).

Magic this powerful comes at a price.

Magic this powerful comes at a price.

Magic this powerful comes at a price.

Thank you Captain Obvious. And yes, we have no clue what that price is. Can someone pin Crowley or Castiel down and see if they know? UGH! They need to know what the terrible burden is. I NEED TO KNOW!

Hey, I wonder if Tessa knows...

If it wasn't so clear that The Blade/Mark combo is doing something to Dean, that ugly assed thing would be going with them everywhere, but I love how Sam broaches leaving it behind for Rage!Dean reasons. He doesn't TELL Dean, because that would never work, he poses it as a question, "Do you think we need the First Blade, why don't we just leave it here?" Nice way to gently open the discussion without force.

"You don't have to have it with you all the time, right?" I loved this too, clever, because what's Dean going to say... yes? Because, right now yes he does, but that would mean openly admitting that to himself, which Dean never likes to do even when he knows it's true, and worse, admitting it to Sam. Nice work there Sammy.

I hope Sam didn't believe Dean when he said he was "fan-friggin-tastic". I sure hope Sam doesn't believe that for one second.

And you know, the minute Sam's back was turned that blade went straight in Dean's duffel....

And here's the evidence...



Great clip. 

-sweetondean

2 comments:

  1. My mind went to the same place yours did when I saw this. DEAN IS NOT SLEEPING and NOOOO, DEAN'S SOUL. His not sleeping has to be significant because it has been alluded to more than once. And the similarities to Soulless Sam are scary. So, to steal your phrase I has worry.

    The question has been raised (by Jules I think) as to whether Dean is going dark or just more Dean, and it is a good question. Because I think that Dean has had a darkness in him for a very long time. If not since the beginning, then certainly since his stint in hell. So, is he now embracing that darkness? Or as you say, is he going demonic? If so, I think he will be a 'different' type of demon. Cain is not your ordinary everyday demon. Dean was able to resist a KNIGHT OF HELL. Demons are afraid of Cain, obviously with good reason, right? And if Dean is not becoming Cain, I think he is becoming something close to him. Is it clear that Cain is in fact a Demon? I know he worked for Lucifer and he trained the Knights of Hell, but is he a demon?

    Apart from the calm and strength that Sam referred to, I think Dean does not want to give up the blade, because it gives him a sense of clarity. All his life Dean had one mission, look out for Sam. And since this was taken away he has been floundering. But the MoC and the blade help him to focus on a different mission. It gives him a sense of purpose and that is what I think Dean craves. So, now that Abaddon has been dispatched, he has set his sights on the next target, Metatron. That's why he is raring to go, having barely come off accomplishing the last goal.

    I have a feeling that Dean is going to end up being locked in the MoL dungeon to 'detox' a la Sam's panic room demon blood detox eventually. Maybe next season? As I've said before, I think that S8 and more S9 have been a mirror of S4&5. And I'm glad, because these two need to walk a mile in each other's shoes. For me, reconciliation is not only about forgiveness, but about understanding and acceptance. And having them experience some of what the other has been through is probably the best way to achieve this.

    You're right. There is much to love about this sneak peek because despite everything it's so...brotherly. I'm excited, but anxious about what's to come in the next two episodes. And then the dreaded hellatus, aarrgghh! I have no doubt they're going to leave us with a cliffhanger that is going to have us gagging for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say for the record miss your reviews and glad I was able to find a website where you do talk about Supernatural still and also like to say you and Jules put on a great and funny web cast enjoy the women of letters. Sorry didn't listen to Bloodlines i think everyone who did a pod cast I listen to didn't listen. But will be looking forward to this weeks eps. Anyway I am enjoying the evolution of whatever Dean is becoming. And I get the feeling yes the detox is coming just something about Jensen said in DC and Dean will not be a happy camper. But I like how someone else pointed out that using Dean and the weapon both Cas and Sam seem to be doing it and yes we get some concern but its like they are using Dean as a weapon like saving him for the big fight. I am with whoever said this and where is the concern for Dean. I mean he did practically condemn himself to hell after what happend with Gadreel in Sam; and Kevin dying and best thing for him is to not be around anymore. I hope this eps we do get some more concern and I am certainly enjoying whatever the mark is doing to Dean its intresting storyline and another thing bugging me HELLO SAM none of the symptoms sound familiar he isn't sleeping hello forget souless you or souless people and think of asking cas exactly what he meant by keeping eye on Dean?? Anyway just want to say hello and enjoy reading your stuff sweetondean and nice to see jules around.

    ReplyDelete