Tuesday 4 March 2014

The Light on Spoilers, Heavy on Squee Preview of Supernatural 9.15 "#THINMAN"



These week's are flashing by! Before you can say "angsty Winchesters", we're got a new episode!

This week sees the return on the Ghost, Ghostfacers!

Some love them, some...not so much. Me? The "Ghostfacers" episode is one of my favourites and I absolutely love how they were included in "It's a Terrible Life" and of course, "Hell House" has adorable Winchesters pranking each other, so what's not to love there!

I'm looking forward to seeing what misadventures Ed and Harry have been up to since we last saw them and get up to again...because I'll bet you they haven't improved much!

Let's have a look at the synopsis shall we? Yes, yes we shall.

THE GHOSTFACERS RETURN — A teenage girl (guest star Ali Webb) is killed and the final selfie she took before the attack shows a ghostly figure in the background. Looking for something to keep them busy, Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Sam (Jared Padalecki) head to Washington to find the ghost. While the two interview the girl’s mother, Betty (guest star Maria Marlow), they are surprised when she starts talking about cold spots and fritzing. When they ask her about bringing up paranormal signs, Betty replies that the “supernaturalists” who called earlier brought it up. Enter Harry (guest star Travis Wester) and Ed (guest star A.J. Buckley), the famous supernaturalists. Jeannot Szwarc directed the episode written by Jenny Klein (916).

Jenny Klein - remember, not the beating hearts cupcake Jenny, but the writer Jenny - last wrote the season 9 episode "Rock and a Hard Place" and Jeannot Szwarc has directed 2 episodes, season 6's "Mannequin 3: The Reckoning" and season 7's "Adventures in Babysitting".

Right... 

Speaking of angsty Winchesters...


I love how the synopsis says that the Winchesters were looking for something to keep busy...because brooding around the bunker must get kind of boring, right? Actually, I'd love a whole episode of them brooding around the bunker, but hey, I'm a little weird like that.

I wonder how much Winchester chat we're going to get in this episode. I also wonder if this is going to be another example of outside characters shedding some light on the boy's dilemma or reflecting their relationship back to them - because I love it when that happens!


And something in the promo pics, makes me think that maybe the Ghostfacers are also not in the best place...so there could be a bit symmetry there... or maybe not, who knows!


Let's check out the promo...



I loveeeee a good ghost hunt! It looks like fun. FUN! FUNNNNNNNN!

Here's the sneak peek.


What's with the guy being mean to the waiter guy...weird-o-rama...I guess it has something to do with the case? And I absolutely love Dean's treasure trail or lady gun line! Joy!


So do you think we're going to get through this episode without us getting our emotions all stomped on, or do you think we'll be laughing, relaxed, thinking we got away with it and then BAM! Winchesters straight to the heart! I betting on the later.

After this week, we have a one week hiatus so that I CAN GO TO VEGASCON! I will still be there when the following episode airs, so I may be out of action for a couple of weeks while I eat all the food and drink all the ridiculously large frozen cocktails and get my 6 monthly fix of Js hugs! Woohoooooooo!

I'll post the CHCH promo if it isn't the most spoilery promo ever!


Until next time, enjoy the episode, everyone! It looks like fun (until they stab us in our feels!)

-sweetondean

EDIT-A-ROONY!

 Here's the CHCH promo - it gives more info on what it is they're hunting and the thing looks CREEEEEEEEPY!

 


Have a fun ep! Hang on to your feels!

 -sweetondean (again).


6 comments:

  1. Thanks Amy, I knew I could count on you to have a lite spoiler up and running. I'm looking forward to what looks to be a fun episode. I happen to love the Ghostfacers! Have fun in Vegas, and remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, except when it comes to sharing the fun stuff that goes at the con. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - do you think this is going to be another ghost story, or something entirely different? It would be a little unusual to do two ghost stories back to back, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost a 100% sure that we'll have a third person's POV of the brothers...But I've been wrong :P
    Have Fun at Vegascon Amy :)
    Give J2 an additional hug from me, this way you get to hug them twice, and I get to send my love. A win win for both of us.

    Spookynerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thoughts on the up and coming Amy. I unfortunately am not a Ghostfacers lover. In fact it is just the opposite for me. I find them annoying and remind me of grown men that haven't gotten out of mamma's basement yet and are still playing in fantasy land. The only scene's I will enjoy while they are in play will be when the Winchesters are ripping them a new one. I just love Dean's banter with them and he voices my thoughts so spot on so that I am looking forward to. Only 12 hours to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome about VegasCon. Hope you will/are having a BLAST!!! I'll be going to my first ever SPN con in DC this May. WOOHOO!

    I actually really enjoyed this episode. I'm not the world's biggest Ghostfacers fan, but the writers let them grow up here and it worked very nicely. We all those those Winchester boys need help figuring each other out from time to time. They tend to be a bit hard headed, heh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete