Thursday 5 May 2016

The Light on Spoilers, Heavy on Squee Preview of Supernatural 11x20 "Don't Call Me Shurley"

-by sweetondean


LOOK WHO'S BACK
OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yep here we are with 4 episodes to go, which means we're in the final leg of Season 11! It's all mytharc and, most likely, pain from here on end! PAIN AND SADNESS!


THEN

Amara has Lucifer, which means Amara has Cas
Crowley has split - but he's still playing the frenemy card
Rowena has split - but she's not playing with Amara anymore
Sam and Dean have no leads on the big picture, so they've been doing the family business thang.



NOW

CHUCK IS BACK!

Or is it..... GOD?





Yesssssss Rob/Chuck/Possibly God is back! I'M SO EXCITED! I love Rob and I love Chuck! I love that out show can find meaningful ways to bring back the characters we love. And I'm totally excited to see what part Chuck (if that's your real name), has to play in this the season 11 end game (it's about now I start being extra thankful that we know there's another season!)

So let's look at the synopsis!

“Don’t Call Me Shurley” 

ROB BENEDICT RETURNS – Amara (guest star Emily Swallows) unleashes a dark fog on a small town, causing everyone to go mad. Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Sam (Jared Padalecki) realise this is a stronger version of the original black vein virus Amara previously unleashed. They team up with the sheriff to protect the town but their old remedy no longer works. Meanwhile, Chuck (Rob Benedict) returns with an interesting proposal. Robert Singer directed the episode written by Robbie Thompson (#1120). 

BEST. TITLE. EVER.

If you don't know what the title is a pun on, it's from Airplane - also know as Flying High in my neck of the woods - one of the all time great comedy movies.





(I just spent about a half an hour watching clips from this movie on YouTube. It's the best).

Anyhooooo....so super funny title...but is it more than that? Is it a pun, or is there a reason that we might not be calling Chuck, Shurley!






And it's written by Robbie, so you know that's going to be good and directed by Bob, so YAY all around!

What do you think Chuck's interesting proposal is going to be?

Okay here's the promo...





Oh hey's Metatron! Not listed in the synopsis but appearing in the promo is that bastard who killed my boy!



(I can't help but like the character though. Don't tell Dean!)




Anyhoo, so it's an amazeballs cast, and Amara's giant crazy fart is back. And to be perfectly honest, I know a few extra little tidbits about this episode - Jensen shared a secret or two in his meet and greet at Seattle. BUT I AIN'T SAYIN' NUFFIN' BECAUSE THIS PREVIEW IS LIGHT ON SPOILERS!



Okay...here is a sneak peek!



What even is this sneak peek! I mean...I LOVE LITTLE DOMESTIC MOMENTS IN THE BUNKER (hell I wrote a whole fanfic based on a day in the bunker!). Last week I lost my shit over Sam eating a bowl of cereal, but Dean ironing their shirts!!!!? OH MY GOOOOOOSH! Well I guess they'd have to really, it makes total logical sense, BUT STILL. And using beer to wet down the shirt! Everyone Sam interviews must think he's been out for a long lunch!


I already love this episode! And I'm excited. I'm excited to know what's going to happen, how we get Lucifer out of Cas and what happens then - is Lucifer shoved back in the cage, does Cas come out with some intel? I want to know what''s going to happen with Amara, how we kill her, is it a hand of God weapon. I want to know if Dean's weird feels for her come into play at all. I want to know who the chosen is. I want to know what, if anything, Billie's role turns out to be in this whole mess. I want to know where Rowena and Crowley fit in, because they do and in a helpful manner I'm pretty sure - as everyone comes together to fight the thing that could destroy them all...again! I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING!

I want to know Sam and Dean are going to be okay....meep!

But most of all, I want to see Chuck and all that comes with him! I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE CHUCK! 

CHUCK!!!!!



OR....



ONLY 4 EPISODES LEFT AND THEN THE LONG HIATUS. 5 FREAKIN' MONTHS!




If another sneak peek drops, I'll be back with that! Until then...enjoy the epi! Sorry about the memes!



-sweetondean




1 comment:

  1. That sneak peek had me giggling so hard. I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete