Sunday 12 October 2014

The Light on Spoilers, Heavy on Squee Preview of Supernatural 10x02 “Reichenbach”



Gosh. Here we are already at episode 2! It only seems a minute ago we were all anticipating the start of the season! And seeing as we were all left with a jaws hanging with how 10x01 ended, let's get to 10x02 mighty quick!


THEN

Dean and Crowley are howling at the moon...kinda. Well Dean is howling at karaoke! And drinking, a lot, and doing that thing with the thing with the local bar waitress! He's also hiding out from his brother and definitely embracing his new life as a demon.

Sam is desperately searching for the missing Dean, who, initially he thinks is being worn as a meatsuit, until he discovers his brother is actually alive. But before he can get to Dean, he's waylaid by a dude called Cole, who was hoping to use Sam as leverage against Dean, who he has some big time issue with. Miscalculation! Fandom is left reeling as Dean explains, Sam got himself into the mess, he can get himself out. He's not going to save his brother, he doesn't care (*tiny voice* but, but, Deannnnnnn it's Sammy!) However, Dean does promise to kill Cole the first chance he gets.

Cas' Grace is fading fast and he's staying in a sleazy motel room and coughing up his guts! When Hannah shows up at his door, he closes his gown and hits the road with her in her mission to get Heaven back on the right track...it doesn't go according to plan!

Crowley has, like so many of us, fallen hard for Dean Winchester! He's also playing Dean, or grooming him, or who knows what, but it's something! Unbeknownst to Dean, he's putting demons in Dean's path so Dean can kill them to control the Mark. Or so he says. I have a feeling his true intent is yet to be seen!




NOW

Gulp! Shit's about to get real! Again!

Let's take a look at the synopsis!


“Reichenbach” 

CROWLEY TELLS DEAN THE MARK NEEDS TO BE FED — Crowley (Mark Sheppard) notices Dean (Jensen Ackles) is becoming more and more aggressive. Dean tells him that’s the side effect of being a demon, but Crowley knows it’s something more - the Mark of Cain needs to be fed. Meanwhile, Sam (Jared Padalecki) is captured by Cole (guest star Travis Aaron Wade), an angry man who blames Dean for his father’s death years ago and wants revenge. Cole tortures Sam, hoping he’ll tell him where Dean is hiding. Hannah (guest star Erica Carroll) sees how weak Castiel (Misha Collins) is becoming as his grace continues to fade, so she makes a bold choice and asks Metatron (guest star Curtis Armstrong) for help. Thomas J. Wright directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb (#1003).

"Reichenbach" has another stellar team driving it, with Thomas J. Wright at the helm, who has directed 8 episodes of Supernatural, including last season's finale, (*wibble*) and Andrew Dabb at the pen, who has been with the show since season 4 and whose episodes have become fan favourites.

So Metatron...we meet again! YOU KILLED DEAN! YOU BASTARD. Oh sorry... Can Metatron help Cas? Will he? What will be his deal if he chooses to help? This sounds like a highly dangerous angle to take! 


Wait, you know what, I'm actually going to get straight to the promo...because there's stuff in the promo that's not mentioned in the synopsis that I hope is in the episode!



"Whatever I want" Oh mannnnnnn. I feel Crowley is about to see the real Demon Dean Winchester! And he's not going to be quite as friendly as he's been. And sorry...but the way Dean says, "Whatever I want" is SMOKIN'! Guh!

But let's talk about the Sam stuff. Eeeeeep! And Eeeeeee! And Eeeeeek! I'm so excited for Sam and Dean to come face to face. Even though it looks so very hard to watch, I can't wait to watch! Geesh, Show! Look what you've turned me into! Yeah, looks awesome. Dean is so cold and flat and Sam is so determined - and all broken with that sling, man that really amps up the vulnerable doesn't it? I have all kinds of feels watching this promo. Like. All. Kinds.

We know that episode 3 is the big bunker showdown, so I wonder how we go from here - to there? And I wonder how Sam gets away from Cole! Not that I doubt his skills for a moment. And does Cas drop everything and come to assist? I mean, half broken Sam and barely an angel Cas...doesn't sound like much of a match for amped up by the Mark super-dooper demon Dean! I repeat... Eeeeeep! And Eeeeeee! And Eeeeeek!

By the way, Dean was smart to travel with his own fog machine. Nothing says bad guy like a good cloud of fog to emerge from! :D


Okie dokie....the sneak peek!


Sweet Lord of the Rings! Those black eyes are so wrong and bad and wrong and SO GOOD! Phew! Is it warm in this sneak peek?!

I don't trust Crowley. I wonder what else is going on. What's he up to.  I'm pretty sure this is more about controlling Dean. Leave him be and he goes all uber Demon and Crowley will have no way of containing him and his evil awesomeness. I mean imagine if he ended up with that red zapping power that Cain had!


But I think Crowley is about to come a cropper in his friendship with Demon Dean. And by that I mean land on his butt...see above! :D He may have the warm and fuzzies for their buddy road movie, but it sure don't look like Dean does.

I want Dean back to being Dean, but damn am I going to enjoy this Dean in the mean time! I mean... LOOK AT HIM!

Also, did you notice that along with a tiny umbrella, Crowley's drink has a tiny trident. Clever, Show.



I'm as excited about this episode as I was about the first episode of the season. I think I'm going to be like this until we get through the 200th episode. So you better get used to my squeeing! As hard as it is to watch Dean be so uncaring, it's something we've not seen from him before and I'm already enjoying the hell out of it for that reason. Also hotness reasons. And I'm loving this Sam. All, I'm not leaving my brother alone out there, Sam. It's delicious!

If you missed my review of last week's episode - yes I wrote one - you can read it here.


Hang on to your feels everyone, the bumpy ride continues!

Let me know your thoughts and theories!

Have fun! And enjoy the episode!
-sweetondean

1 comment:

  1. Tiny piece of (mostly) unrelated trivia. Brian Buckley Band's new album Welcome to the Heart of the City has a track on it called Howl at the Moon.

    ReplyDelete