Thursday 1 January 2015

SPOILERS SWEETIES! Official synopsis for Supernatural 10x10 - The Hunter Games





OMG OMG OMG! WE HAVE A NEW YEAR'S PRESSIE! A SYNOPSIS! EEEEEEEEEEE!

Okie dokie...are you ready?


“The Hunter Games” 

THE AFTERMATH — After the massacre at the ranch, Dean (Jensen Ackles), Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) double their efforts to find a cure for the Mark of Cain but there is nothing in the lore that can help them.  Desperate, Castiel comes up with an idea that Sam deems the “single worst idea I’ve ever heard.”  Meanwhile, Rowena (guest star Ruth Connell) continues to plot against Crowley (Mark Sheppard), and Castiel tries to mend his relationship with Claire (guest star Kathryn Love Newton) who is plotting revenge against Dean for killing her friend. John Badham directed this episode written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner (#1011). Original airdate 1/20/2015.






After the massacre.... AFTER THE MASSACRE! Did they have to put it like that! Did I have to include photos?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME! MY HEART HURTS (again).

It sounds like all our players will be ringing in the 2nd half of the season with us! Weeee!

What's the "single worst idea I've ever heard"? Bet that's something to do with Cain. Or maybe Metatron. At least it doesn't sound like Cas is all killy for Dean! I can totally hear Sam saying that by the way,

I hope this ep picks up pretty much just after where we left off. Maybe they could throw in another shower scene...Dean is definitely in need of one after the *whispers in a tiny voice* massacre *wibble*

I hope Dean's okay. Of course he won't be. What the hell am I talking about?! What show have I been watching! A-wahhhhh! Poor guy. I think I need to hug him... AGAIN And again and again.......... What? Oh yeah, synopsis.

John Badham is welcome to direct any damn time. Big time movie director and "First Born" was such a fab episode.

OH MY GOSH IT'S SO VERY EXCITING!

And it's less than three weeks away! BRING ON THE SNEAK PEEKS! Sorry, got all excited yelly.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! What do you think of this synopsis?
-sweetondean



4 comments:

  1. I love how optimistic & excited you always are about SPN!

    So I in no way mean to bring down your squeee! or to throw negativity all over your blog, but I am genuinely curious about your thoughts / take on the following because you are always so positive.

    I would love to hear your take to (hopefully) help my take!

    How do you feel about how Sam's storyline is being handled this season?

    Going into S10, I felt really strongly about Sam being the one to save Dean - I was so excited for that quest for him (especially after Sam confessed how he always felt like he let Dean down in the S8 finale, and how Sam was unable to save his brother from both Hell & Purgatory). I think it would / has done wonders for the mending of the brothers' relationship & I still feel that way. S10 just opened up with SOO much juicy potential!

    However, I am beginning to feel a little (OK, a lot) shortchanged when it comes Sam.

    Dean's storyline / arc this season is (obviously) the MoC. He also is closely tied to Crowley through demon!Dean & Cole.

    Cas' storyline / arc this season has been wide - we got Hannah, Claire, the angels, Heaven (including Metatron), plus helping Sam with saving Dean from the MoC.

    Crowley storyline / arc this season has been centered around Hell, demon!Dean, and now Rowena.

    Sam's storyline / arc this season has been saving Dean from the MoC.

    I'm just beginning to get frustrated. While Cas + Crowley's roles have been expanded in recent seasons (& it has worked), I still feel strongly about Sam & Dean remaining the central & most important characters. And with Sam, it has not felt that way.

    For example, as I spelled out above, Sam has really only had one real storyline / arc this season - one that Cas also shares, so it is not really Sam's alone. & this episode description just made me nervous, because I fear that Sam's role / arc is being "replaced" by Cas - especially if Cas' plan works. Yeah, Sam saved Dean from being a demon, but it was really a joint save between Sam + Cas.

    I have zero issues with Sam playing the support role that Dean has so often played over the years - I just don't want his support role to feel so..diminished.

    I just. I love Supernatural because I love the characters & I simply love Sam & Dean the most. So this season has been a struggle. Ahhhh over-investment! ;-)

    So what are you thoughts on Sam's role this year? Where do you see his storyline / arc going this second half of the season?

    - Maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts are, this show is about Sam and Dean, always was, always will be. The other characters are supporting characters and supporting the story of what the brothers are going through or what they're fighting against. It may not always seem like that but it always interweaves at some point.

      I like that Sam is walking the path that Dean has so often walked in the series. It's important for the brothers to understand each other's journeys, and having to walk in each other's shoes in some respects, will help that understanding. It already has.

      As far as I'm concerned, Sam did save Dean. Sam continues to save Dean. Sam standing by his broher - just as Dean stood by Sam when he is doing the trials - is saving Dean every day. Because Dean needs Sam. Sam's faith, trust, support and love. Which is what Sam is giving him.

      I see this as continuing until the Mark issue is resolved, and then I see the brothers fighting side by side against whatever the writers have in store for us. Sam and Dean and their relationship is very much central to this season. We had mulitple episodes where it was pretty much just them, none of the regular supporting characters where any where to be seen, it was just about Sam and Dean and about rebuilding their relationship (while working on a case - which is what they do). We've spent a lot of time with Sam and Dean this season, as they reconnected as brothers. Both had an important role to play in that.

      I don't see Sam being sidelined by any other character's story. I never have and I've never understood that argument. A lot of this series has revolved around Sam and how he's continually brushing up against the one thing these brothers were trained to fight; the supernatural. That has always been the challange for Sam and Dean to face. And now they face it with Dean. These brothes' journeys mirror each other and continue to do so.

      But I don't watch the show like this anyway. I don't look at each character's arc. And I don't ever play them off each other.

      I look at this show as a whole story. And I wait to see what happens without expectations.

      I love Sam this season...because he's 100% there for Dean and nothing is going to stop him. And I love him for that - and for many other reasons.

      So that's my thoughts!

      -sweetondean

      Delete
  2. I'm with you. Bring on the sneak peeks! Can't wait to see what happens next.

    - Lilah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome episode and this one sound just as good!!! I do have a "small" problem with Claire. Angry with Dean for killing the friend in the house? That gave her up so he could survive? :-S A fan of the boys and Cas - of course - but not a fan of Claire. They should have given Cas another storyline. Claire just seems.. like she's gonna whine and scream. Time to put Sam and Dean back on screentime. If they get cut of like in the fillers, Im going to scream.. yes negative but I assure that Supernatural is my number 1show, just not the brothers less time on screen and the whole Claire thing.

    ReplyDelete