Tuesday 4 February 2014

The Light On Spoilers, Heavy on Squee Preview of Supernatural 9.13 "The Purge"



Oh boy, am I looking forward to this! Yes, for objectification reasons, but also because I'm itching to see how the brothers are with each other off the back of their conversation at the end of "Sharp Teeth". I mean, I'm shallow but I'm not that shallow. Okay, I am.

"The Purge" Looks like a good ol' Monster of the Week episode, with the boys in awesome outfits and something creepy going on that literally sucks the fat out of you! Where do I sign up?

Let's look at the synopsis:

SAM AND DEAN GO UNDERCOVER AT A SPA --- Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate recent murders where the victims were hundreds of pounds lighter after their deaths. Suspecting witches, the two go undercover at a fancy day spa that all of the victims had attended for weight loss. While Sam is hired as a fitness instructor, Dean takes kitchen duty. After Dean swipes some tainted food and passes out, the guys realise someone is drugging the guests and literally sucking all of the fat out of them until they die. Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Eric Charmelo & Nicole Snyder.

Yay Phil! We don't see him that much anymore and Phil likes to keep shooting so that we get gagreel stuff! And Eric and Nicole wrote Dog Dean Afternoon this season, which I loved!

Let's look at the promo...


Nice shorts. Wonder if Sam has a whistle. Though with those arms, I don't think he needs one to make him those lady's God!

The guys in their FBI suits, going undercover, this is the easy part of their relationship. The part they don't have to stress about. But I do wonder if "the" conversation will be touched on at all. I hope it is.


How about the sneak peek.


I love this sneak peek with a fiery passion. The sugar donut all over Dean's face. Sam trying to tell him to wipe his face. The lady cop and her "ya, you know, I gotta be honest fellas". Freakin love it. It's so Fargoesque.

And just bless Dean and his abandon for food!



I'm really looking forward to this episode. We need a bit of light after the ending of "Sharp Teeth" and all the uneasy feelings that raised in the fandom.

Maybe this is what the boys need too? Not that I'm even suggesting that this is all they need, because they need to talk and figure out how they see each other and how they can get to a place where they're on the same page, but being on a hunt and falling into the ease of that side of their relationship, well I don't think it can hurt and it sure can't hurt us!

When the CHCH promo drops tomorrow I shall add it in.

So are you looking forward to this episode? Do you think we'll be dealing with any of the stuff from the end of last week?

Let me know your thoughts! And enjoy the episode...like there's any chance you won't from the look of the promo pics!

-sweetondean

EDIT! Here's the CHCH promo!


Oh my goodness! It does look like the continue "the" conversation! Good. It would be weird if they didn't.

Now I'm even more excited!

Enjoy, everyone!
-sweetondean


1 comment:

  1. Cue The Beatles "We can work it out." LOL! Come on boys, you can do it! I always enjoy the very short CHCH promos, usually more so than the official CW ones.

    Gotta wait extra long for my dose of SPN tonight. Stupid basketball game in the DC area means the show wont be on until 11 est...assuming the game doesn't run long...which basketball ALWAYS does!

    Oh well, Hair Net and Yoga Boy...it'll be worth it.

    ReplyDelete